CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. Fairfield Auction, LLC acts solely as an agent for various owners and consignors. It exercises care in describing all items listed and uses judgment in attributing authorship, but offers no guarantee regarding authenticity, condition, or description. Buyer must rely on his own inspection or send an agent to inspect on his behalf. Buyer shall not rely on the statements of Auctioneer, employees, or advertisements in any part. Notwithstanding, Fairfield Auction, LLC may, but shall have no obligation to, consider any reasonable request for refund on the grounds of authenticity of authorship only and only under the following conditions: A. Notification must be made to auctioneer in writing within 15 days of auction. B. The items must be returned within 20 days of the sale, accompanied by written testimony from a recognized authority that the lot in question is a forgery. C. The limited warrantee does not extend to the lots identified as attributions, school, circle, manner, or after. D. The limited warrantee is applicable only to the original buyer. No employee is authorized to make any warranties, expressed or implied, on behalf of Fairfield Auction.
Description reflects our best opinion. The absence of a condition report does not imply that an item is in good condition. Age is always approximate. No other claims are made or should be infered. Buyers agree that under no circumstances will Fairfield Auction be responsible above the selling price or low estimate- whichever is lower. Claims must be made against the final catalog as revised by any addendum or auctioneer announcements. Claims may not be made against advertisements, website descriptions, or the preliminary catalog offered on our website. Items described as "possibly", "probably" or "attributed to" are not guaranteed, but represent our best opinion. No guarantees are made as to condition.
2. The Auctioneer is acting as agent only and is not responsible for acts of its
principals. If any dispute arises, the Auctioneer's word is final.
3. Where the Consignor is indebted to or has a monetary guarantee from Fairfield
Auction, and in certain other instances, Auctioneer may have an interest in the offered
lots and the proceeds there from other than its commissions, and may bid therefore to
protect its own interests. Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lots from the
sale or cancel a sale at the Auctioneer's discretion. The Auctioneer reserves the right to
reject any bid or eject any person from the premises.
5. Loading is the responsibility of the buyer. Fairfield Auction may offer assistance, Fairfield Auction and its employees shall not be held liable for any damages or accidents that may result from handling, lifting, moving, loading and packing of purchases.
(for bidders paying remotely)
6a. Payment terms for buyers not present are approved check, money order or cashiers check. We do not accept Paypal or credit cards unless buyer is present. Payment must be paid in full within 5 business days of sale, otherwise Auctioneer may resell merchandise at public or private sale and retain 20% deposit as liquidated damages. Auctioneer may, at his discretion, hold purchases until check clears.
PAYMENT (for bidders in-house purchases)
6b. Same as above except cash, Visa and MasterCard are accepted.
7. A buyer' premium of 20% is added to the price knocked down by the Auctioneer. If you
are the successful bidder on a lot at $100, your invoice will include a buyer's premium of
$20 for a total of $120. If you are bidding on a 3rd party broadcaster their commission may be applied as an additional surcharge. Sales taxes are applied to all purchases unless a valid
Connectict resale certificate is presented at time of purchase.
8. Absentee bids are accepted. Fairfield Auction shall not be held responsible or liable for bids that are
missed or otherwise not executed.
9. Purchases can be removed only after payment is received. Purchases can only be released to 3rd parties (shippers) with written instructions from buyer. Removal shall be at the expense, liability and risk of the purchaser. All arrangements for removal must be at convenience of Fairfield Auction. We can suggest names and phone numbers of appropriate firms to assist with delivery. If arrangements can't be made within 20 days of sale, items may be removed and stored at the expense and risk of the buyer. After 20 days, a storage fee of $50 per lot plus $5 per day thereafter shall be charged. After 90 days, items shall be deemed abandoned. Auctioneer shall apply any deposit or payment to loss, damages, and expenses incurred in the storage and resale of goods not paid for in full or removed in the time specified and shall retain any balance as liquidated damages. All items sold AS IS, WHERE IS. ALL SALES FINAL.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BANK WIRE TRANSFERS
Invoices over $2,500 may be paid by bank wire transfer. Buyers may call our offices
to make arrangements for wire transfer payments.
revised July 23rd, 2015